Please check these FAQs for information on some of the more commonly asked questions.
After reading them, do contact us if you need to discuss anything further.
Key: SBDC – South Bucks District Council
        BCC – Buckinghamshire County Council

  • Meetings – All parish council meetings and committee meetings are public meetings which any member of the public or press can attend.

    An opportunity will be given in the first 15 minutes of the meeting for anyone attending to have their say.

  • Drains – In the event of any problems with drains in public places you will need to contact Transport for Bucks on 01296 382416 or fill in the Contact Us form on their website.

  • Fly Posting – If you see posters and signs put up in public spaces this will usually be fly posting and the land owner is allowed to take these down.
    If you see this on a verge or lamppost, please contact us and we will follow this up for you.

  • Fly tipping – Please alert SBDC to any fly tipping issues.
    Contact the environment team at SBDC on 01895 837200 or email

  • Footpaths – If you are concerned about any of the footpaths, please contact the Rights of Way team at Bucks County Council 01296 395000.

  • Grass verges – The Parish Council has taken on the cutting of grass verges under devolved authority from BCC. If you have any concerns about grass cutting in the area please let us know.

  • Litter – If the litter is on Temple Dell, a play area, or a local woodland please contact us. Otherwise please alert SBDC. Contact the environment team at SBDC on 01895 837200 or email

  • Nuisance – Please alert SBDC to any nuisance issues. Contact the environment team at SBDC on 01895 837200 or email

  • Planning – SBDC are the planning authority. If you wish to make any comments on an application or notify them of any breaches of planning regulations, contact SBDC on 01895 837200 or email

  • Play areas – There is a public access under 8s play area adjacent to the Junior School and Farnham Common Sports Club. There is a play area in Farnham Royal in Farnham Park playing fields near Sospel Court. There is a toddler area and an over 8s play area. Both play areas are maintained by the Parish Council.

  • Police – The parish council works closely with the neighbourhood police. Your local PCSO is PCSO Caroline Sampson.
    Telephone: 101 (Non Emergency)

  • Potholes – Potholes are rated in different categories and only category one potholes will be repaired as a matter of priority. Please notify potholes promptly to BCC whatever their size as small ones quickly become bigger ones and it is up to BCC to monitor the situation once they have been notified of any problems.

    You can report potholes, as well as any other road issue, using the Report It forms on the county council website. In an emergency, for instance a severe road defect, a flooded road, or a tree in the road, you can always call Transport for Buckinghamshire on 01296 382416 or 486630 (out of hours). The online reporting tool is at


  • Streetlighting – Streetlighting along main roads such as the A355 are the responsibility of BCC.

    However, most of the village lights on side roads have been installed and maintained by the Parish Council so please contact us if you have any concerns about village streetlighting.

  • Traffic calming – BCC are responsible for road safety but the Parish Council is committed to doing what it can to ease congestion and make parish roads safer for our residents.

    To this end we have acquired a Moveable Vehicle Activated Sign for use on a number of our parish roads where residents have identified speeding as an issue.

  • Trees – The trees in Temple Dell, St, Mary’s churchyard, FCSC, Jubilee Copse, Ingrams Copse and Boundary Copse are managed by the Parish Council. Tree surveys are undertaken every other year and any necessary safety work promptly carried out. Our contractors also visit 4 times a year for routine maintenance.

    However, there are always risks associated with trees, particularly in bad weather, so if you become aware of any concerns regarding a tree managed by us please contact us.

  • Vegetation/hedges – Overgrown vegetation is a regular problem. In the first instance the Parish Council is responsible under a devolved services contract for investigating such issues and if necessary sending initial letters out to home owners who are responsible for cutting back the vegetation coming from their property.

    Please contact us if you spot a problem. BCC is responsible for cutting back or arranging for land owners to cut back where necessary if the vegetation is affecting roads, verges or footways.

  • Village Halls– These are managed by independent trusts.
    For Farnham Royal Village Hall contact Marie Edwards on 07474713758.
    For Farnham Common Village Hall please contact Marilyn Rolfe on 07736 890877